Friday, September 27, 2013

Vegan Fondue


First, I should say that this is not my creation.

I should also mention that I've even blogged about this before.

But since this is the Vegan Month of Food and because I told myself I really need to post thirty posts in thirty days, aaaaand because I will be out of town this weekend and will likely not post until Monday, I am going to repeat myself.

I can't believe this recipe is not 'a thing', plastered on veg blogs across the land. It's so easy to make, really really, really tasty, and impressive without any faux or processed foods.

Vegan Fondue! Need I really say more?
(from About.com)

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp margarine + 2 tbsp
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • vegetarian bouillon cube or 1 tbsp dry veggie broth mix
  • 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 2 cups soy milk
  • 1/2 tsp miso
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp celery salt
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)

Preparation:

Sautee garlic, onions and mushrooms in 3 tbsp margarine until soft. In separate saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and simmer until mixture thickens. If your mixture does not thicken, add more flour and mix well. Allow to cool.
Add mushrooms, garlic and onion mix to the soy milk mix and process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Reheat the blended mix, stirring occasionally, and allow to cool slightly before transferring to fondue pot, or just serve piping hot with a spoon from a bowl to drizzle over
Fresh French Bread,
A Plate of Seitanroni, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, and Veggie Bean Loaf
under Tofu Patties w/ Sauteed 'Shrooms and Fresh Clover Sprouts
mix with your favorite red sauce to top Gnocchi,
or, you know, eat that stuff with a spoon! It's that good!





3 comments:

Veg-In-Training said...

I too had to do a "rerun" post toward the end of MoFo. I'm glad you posted this! Is there a recipe for the seitanroni?

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

I have not posted at all since Vegan MoFo ended. Actually, I didn't even post my 'last post' of the month. tsk, tsk! I'm amazed I got 29 posts in 30 days! :)

I believe I first started making the seitan'roni' because of a post on the PPK but I can't find it. I soon started using Susan from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen's Veganroni.

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/04/veggeroni-seitan-pepperoni.html

It's so good! (I love your blog, btw! I need to keep visiting them all now that VMF is over, but life...it keeps getting in m'way! :)

Lenny and Stacie said...

Thanks for the recipe, it looks tasty!! We could do an Italian version!!